Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 1: Exercise?

I decided the first Pinterest project to jump start my journey would be related to exercise, something I could do all 31 days.  I went through my "exercise" board (it's pathetic) and decided to give this one a try (eventually I'll put up pics).
http://backonpointe.tumblr.com/post/15432672640
It claimed that by doing each of the reasonable things on the list I could burn 100 calories.  Seemed reasonable.   So, I started marching in place for a minute and moved on to jogging in place for a minute.  Next up was a minute of jumping jacks and then a minute of long jumps.....
WHAT?!  Where the hell does this tumblr workout plan think I live?! I'm CLEARLY doing these in my apartment because it's raining.   Doing the long jump in my tiny NYC apartment could result in some serious bodily harm and damage to my Pinterest craft space. This is ridiculous!
I substituted "long jump" for some more jumping jacks (however, my building is quite old and I may be slightly afraid jumping jacks could make it implode...).
There were a few more "minute activities" and I was a little winded at the end.  The goal is to continue everyday for the rest of the month.  Maybe I'll work my way up to long jumps.... Or maybe not.
This is what I really wanted to do today because of the rain though:
http://themetapicture.com/sloth-running-team/

Tomorrow's plan.....  You'll have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment