Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 18: So, If I Haven't Worn It In A Year....

Every fashion magazine blog, link, alien signal, etc. tells you to get rid of a clothing article if you have not worn it in a year.   This sounds like a fabulous idea, except... How the heck do I know if I didn't wear it?  There are over 300 days in a year and you want me to keep track?!  On some days I'm lucky if I know my name and I don't even have kids!
I made up my own Pinterest idea this time (I should totally patent these and quit my job!).  As I go about cleaning and organizing my clothing, I realize that Whole Foods has provided me with an abundance of rubber bands for no reason.  I take the rubber bands and wrap them around the hanger of the outfits I'm pretty sure have not seen the light of day (these are probably my vampire slaying clothes).
The rule?  Once you wear that piece of clothing, the rubber band comes off.  Any clothes after 2-3 months with the rubber band.... Well, they need to be given away!  I can finally remember what I wore!!  I'm excited to see how may rubber bands are left I'm a few weeks!
Not only can this apply to random outfits, I can also apply to outfits that you're trying to "fit into.!"

No comments:

Post a Comment