Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day Four: Two Pinterest Activities... Both food!

 I decided I need to make more food (because I love food and cleaning is not fun).  However, I probably need to include some healthy food (at least that's what I'm telling myself today).
This morning I started with this recipe for a blueberry and spinach smoothie:
http://mainebelle.com/2012/03/23/paleo-diet-blueberry-spinach-smoothie

The goal was to find something easy, yummy and healthy, not necessarily something from the paleo-diet, so I left out the whey protein and flax seed.  I used fresh blueberries so I added in a few ice cubes.  It was very easy to make (my handful of spinach was pretty big...) and the clean-up was also quite simple.  The smoothie was delicious!   I probably ended up with 3-4 servings of fruit/veggies which was a good deal.  This is something that could easily be made for breakfast each morning!

I also decided to try another recipe today for strawberry granita:
http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/strawberry-granitas-recipe/1/
The recipe is completely vegan (little bro.... You'd like it) and really easy to make.  I used two tablespoons of lemon juice and just under 1/4 cup of sugar (which was more than enough!).  I also added about 1/4 cup water in order to get more of an ice consistency.  In all honesty, I could have poured this in a cup straight out of the blender and chugged it down!  Yummy!!
It's still in the freezer, but I'm sure it's going to be delicious!  I'll have to share tomorrow.

Blueberry/spinach smoothie:



No comments:

Post a Comment