Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 20/21: Crab Meat is Delicious!

,Yesterday was somehow jam packed as a result of another trip to view America's Got Talent:)
Today I decided to do two projects to make up for missing yesterday.   The first one was a food project:
http://www.myveryeducatedmother.com/2011/10/recipe-baked-crab-rangoons.html
Crab meat and cream cheese in wonton wrappers.  The recipe was pretty easy to make and baking was definitely easier with the help of a mini muffin pan (which had come I quite handy this August!).       I did the math and each piece is about 75 calories and the recipe makes about 24 (great party dish!).   I tried some soy sauce with a few and, well, I'm just not a fan of soy sauce.  So for the leftovers I have I may try to make a new dipping sauce (which is definitely needed).

My second project was art and craft related:
http://www.diyandcrafttutorials.com/kitchen-tablet-holder/
With all the recipe following I've been doing I need something to hold my iPad.  I got the chopping board for a couple of dollars from IKEA.  It came with the most extensive set of directions I've even seen.  One whole page on how to treat the board (if using it as a cutting board) and then rewritten in over 20 languages!!!   Instead of making mine look weathered I painted it which chalkboard pain and used corkboard for the shelf to hold the iPad.  I figured that when I wasn't cooking I could write Pinterest grocery lists in chalk.  It was pretty easy and the chalkboard paint looks pretty nice.
Tomorrow is another guest day!  Two friends are coming over to make some food!


No comments:

Post a Comment