Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 27/28: Teaching, Teaching, Teaching

So, the past couple of days have been spent doing three things:
1) trying not to hit snooze too many times before I wake up for work .
2) going to work and planning.
3) trying to convince my body that summer is indeed over and that bedtime needs to be before midnight (this is always a tough one).
As far as the snooze button goes I have three "settings." I hit it once or twice and I can still walk to work.  Three times I should probably take a bus.  Four or more and I need to take a cab.   It's been a mix of walking and bus thus far...

So, what have I been doing as far as Pinterest goes?  Pretty much sorting through teaching ideas on my "school ideas" board.
First up?  Where the hell did all the erasers go for my Expo markers?!  Problem solved:

http://prayersandpurpleelephants.blogspot.com/2012/07/pom-pom-erasers.html

Pom Poms hot glued onto the end of dry erase markers!  No more lost erasers (at least until the dry erase marker also disappears....).

Today's activity?
Trying to develop strategies to help improve the students reading skills and comprehension.  I teach high school, but the entire school is for students with learning disabilities, so many strategies need to be taught, re-taught and other strategies need to be tried:
http://middleschoolteachertoliteracycoach.blogspot.com/2013/01/some-more-anchor-charts.html
Luckily our school has a web page where we keep resources the students can access, so that way they can pull these strategies up at home when they're reading and hopefully get them stuck in their head!

No comments:

Post a Comment