Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 13: End of Summer Clothes Organizing...

While most people usually do "Spring Cleaning," I have two cleaning schedules, end of summer and midwinter.  These fit into my work schedule much more effectively.  Over the next couple of weeks as I get ready to go back to work it's time to clean and organize.  First things first, sorting old clothing that I don't need (partially to clean and partially to make room for new clothes!).
Living in a small apartment means that the space is quite limited, but if you ask my old roommate Leah, I am quite good when it comes to creating storage!
When I found this link to help organize my 5 million tee shirts I got pretty excited:
http://www.bforbel.com/2013/06/how-to-fold-and-organize-your-t-shirts-to-save-closet-space.html

I was able to successfully fit two doors worth of tee shirts and running shorts into one drawer!
One of my concerns was that I'd mess up all the organization once I pulled one shirt out, so I bought these drawer organizers from IKEA:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60192633/

Now I have an extra drawer to move some clothing from my closet.  The whole process took about 30 minutes (whilst watching reruns of Castle).  While I could have gotten rid of some tees, I'd done that at the beginning of the summer and not having a washer in my building means I need to keep them in stock!

Bad picture of drawer number one before:


After (two drawers worth of tees and shorts):

No comments:

Post a Comment