Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 10/11: Cupcakes Galore!!

You know what's better than eating cupcakes?  Eating cupcakes while helping your friend start a cake/cupcake business and watching her earn her first dollar!
Yesterday (the 10th was a quote day):
http://crazyphotosdaily.blogspot.com/2013/07/when-something-goes-wrong-in-your-life.html#!/2013/07/when-something-goes-wrong-in-your-life.html
We started setting up at Long Island City Flea at 8am.  Now, there were a few hiccups (hence the quote), but things ended going really well for her and people were really impressed with her cupcakes (which are delicious!).  Check out her Facebook page Kicky's Kitchen!
It was long day, but she was able to get a lot of people interested in her business.  I can't wait to see what happens next and watch her company grow!

Today I decided to try this cleaning tip:
http://www.make-it-do.com/clean-it/spring-clean-your-mattress/
Instead of using a sifter to spread the baking soda on the mattress I used a mason jar with holes which resulted in zero mess.  Now, my mattress does smell nice, and I vacuumed up dust mites of course, but....  The author of the blog had pets, so maybe she noticed more of a difference when she did this.  My mattress smelled fine before this, so maybe I need a dog to roll around my furniture?  Or maybe a miniature pig....

No comments:

Post a Comment