Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 12: Strawberry Iced Tea

I love having beautiful weather and being able to go read outside along the water (benefits of what I like to call "island living.".   Smce the weather was nice but a bit hot in the sun, I figured I should make a drink today!
Yesterday I bought a whole bunch of strawberries and decided I need to do something with them today, hence the following recipe:
http://cookbook-recipes.org/strawberry-iced-tea/

I used green tea, because that's what I happened to have (any I get the health benefits tha come along with it).  I also used all fresh strawberries for the same reason.
The recipe was really easy, food processor puréed those strawberries quite well.  Straining was a bit of a pain because I wanted something with small holes and my only option was a tea diffuser which made the process take a little longer than planned.   The other problem was that I just wanted to drink the purée......
I don't put any sugar in my tea, but I decided to put in a couple of table spoons with this (which is still under the recommended amount).  The drink is pretty refreshing, but I think I may add some of the mint simple sugar (from watermelon mojito pops) to add some mint and a hint more sugar.
Any suggestions for tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment