Saturday, August 3, 2013

Day Three: Ugh, cleaning

There are ridiculous amounts of cleaning tips on Pinterest.  Tips for things that I don't even think exist and tips for things I haven't owned in over 4 years (dishwasher or microwave).
I decided today was a day to try a cleaning tip.
Now, for those of you that rent, this story may be familiar.  For those that have never rented in the city, well, you may be grossed out...
I've lived in 4 different apartments in the city.  The first one had no bedroom doors and was painted mint green.  Almost all of these apartments have had something in common though... mold along the bathtub caulking.  Ugh.    In my second apartment I just pulled all the caulking out and redid it.  This resulted in not being able or shower for two days and lots of labor I didn't feel like doing.
So, when I stumbled across this nifty trick for removing the mold, I clearly had to try it!
http://www.thisblessedlife.net/2012/02/getting-mold-out-of-showerbefore-after.html
I was even more excited when it worked!  I didn't use the cotton rolls this woman did because I didn't really have a purpose for the leftovers, so I used cotton balls.  You need to make sure that the bathroom is properly ventilated because the bleach smell is STRONG, very, very STRONG.
I put some bleach on the cotton balls and then pushed them into the caulking.  I waited an hour and.... magic!
Tomorrow I'm going for another food recipe because eating is much more fun than cleaning!

Before and after:

Ew.......



Much, much better....

No comments:

Post a Comment